Monday, September 17, 2012

Studying and being a mum....

Everyone keeps asking me 'How do you do it?', 'Where do you find the time for study, and kids and hubby and everything else?', I guess I have never really thought about the answer to that!  So by starting this blog I thought it might help me get down my thoughts about studying, so one day I can look back and be proud of the effort I put in during this time in my life.  Hopefully one day I can show my kids this and they will understand how hard I worked to get through this to provide our family with a better future.

Ok, so I am a mum, as I have said, to 4 kiddies, A is 9, L is 7 very soon, M is 5 and C is 3.  They are a bunch of crazy kids... take after me there I think!  So life at home is busy in itself! Trying to keep 4 kids entertained and the house clean, then add study on top, and also a hubby around ... you can imagine it would be hectic at the best of times!

I am studying nursing, part-time, so it is going to take me 4 years to get my degree, but thankfully I am now half way through it!  I am in the second semester of my second year.  I have done all 3 semesters in both years, well going to do it this year as well, so I haven't as yet had a proper break from studying, but these are the sacrifices you make for a better life I guess.  So far, I have achieved a HD, I think about 4 or 5 Distinctions and 2 B's as my marks for my subjects I have currently completed!  This has involved dragging textbooks (mainly my anatomy and physiology one) to the kids school, swimming lessons, any spare second I have I am trying to catch up on something.
My house is a little neglected, but at least the kids aren't too worried about that.  Niether is hubby too much which is good!  He is an amazing, wonderful man, and without him I know this journey I am on would be all that much harder. 

I do waste a fair bit of my time on facebook... oh dreaded facebook!  but I find it helps me 'have a chat' to some friends, even if it's not a real chat, it helps me switch off from uni work when I need a break, like during an assignment. 

So if you are wondering.... How can you do it?  maybe you can read on and I'll try to keep you updated, you know, when I get spare time... lol I'm still trying to figure out when I actually have this, as I always have something to do, or something that I keep putting off cause I just want to sit for 5 mins and relax and watch some mind-numbing tv!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea hun. I'm so proud of u :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Des here - yes I have wondered so will be reading with interest, as it's going to be me soon. Good work chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Des :) I will try to make sure I update it regularly for you :D

    ReplyDelete